Friday, November 30, 2007

August 2007

What to do with August. I look through the stats, and it has always been a slow month – slower than the others. I wonder if I should just give everyone a mandatory vacation and make the loss of business constructive in an HR way. I think I am not being creative enough. In a city this size, there seems no excuse not to be completely and always as busy.

Some staff are not taking their vacations. At the end of the year I do not want any bad blood because of time that has to be wiped out. I simply can’t carry it over to the next year. I can’t lose that large a percentage of the business adding time off to time off. And, I can’t pay for time off that’s not used. It is another HR problem that is causing aggrivation.

Business is not growing right now. A steady state of blah-blah-blah that makes me nervous and annoyed. The only saving grace is that the business plan is done (i.e I have reclaimed some time for other things) and ready to present, and the work on the new nutrient packs is progressing. It is huge project to make a great pack that fits the needs of many people and that is priced well. I want to have it done by October 1st – at least the basic four or five packs. I want to start training the staff on it by then.