Friday, November 30, 2007

March and April, 2007

The new doctor started and it is going well so far. I have barely had time to breathe with the schedule so full. I am still staying on full time as a doctor until she is more settled. Then I am going to reduce my schedule a bit. I decided that I will stay in the office more than I originally thought. I like it. It gives me energy and helps me keep an eye on things during this iffy-process of staff rebuilding.

It’s been a year since – last March - I found out about more theft related activities by our former Account Supervisor. She was spending on my credit cards. I am still trying to deal with the fraud departments on one of the cards; had success with Chase, but not Capitol One. In April I decided to hire a “Credit Repair Guy” to handle the case. It’s expensive to pass it off (around 2K), but I can’t even get a human being on the phone, and it is ruining my credit. In the meantime, Braden and I decided to remortgage our place to consolidate our bills, including UHI’s bills. Thank God he is so supportive of the UHI plan. He believes in it, too.

I look at the last year as one of rebuilding structure: Getting rid of old and unnecessary policies, people and practices then emphasizing what does work. Slow and painful process that makes the pressure seem worth it. The business feels more clean and promising.